We would like to invite you to our new “Driving Dairy” discussion group which we are launching this February.
UK milk production has had a turbulent year. The depleted demand in service sectors from March 2020 will continue to have a knock-on effect on demand well into this year. However, with vaccinations and a trade deal finally in writing, there is positivity that the market will recover but with new challenges on the horizon. There’s nothing quite like a pandemic and Brexit to re-establish focus! That’s what we’re aiming to do with this discussion group. Re-establish focus and drive dairy forwards. Now is the perfect opportunity to take a step back and look at your production:
- Are there areas of production inefficiency and how do you solve them?
- Is your system working for your milk contract?
- How will your business be impacted by the new agricultural transition and how do you future-proof it?
- Is your team working and communicating as effectively as they could?
These are just a few of the questions we want to answer in the discussion group. We’re hoping to run four to six meetings a year and this is just a suggested outline of the topics that the group will deliver:
- Getting your team to work effectively, “it’s all in the communication”
- Farm visit – Transition success, more than just a protocol
- Farm visit – Future milk, calf rearing set ups
- Tackling the barriers to a reduced carbon footprint
- Lameness – can we eradicate it completely?
If you are interested in hearing more about the group and to have a say in what areas we look at going forwards, it would be great if you could join us on Wednesday 24th February at 7:30pm for a short introduction to the group and our outline plans. To register and receive a welcome pack, please drop Lucy an email on email@example.com Please note, This group is aimed at Dairy Producers and after 7pm we cannot guarantee your registration.